Contact Luke Newell

Luke Newell is an Illustrator, and this is his blog. lukenool.com

Sunday, January 07, 2007

HEAD VID POST that works


Jeebus. Finally, I think I've posted a watchable YouTube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSQMHf3m4I

(opened up my rendered .avi with quicktime, then just resaved as a .mov, uploaded that. Seems to work a treat).

Looking at it now... I feel happy I know the ins and outs of what goes where, what works in tandem with what else... now I think it's time to start again, now try and do it well, rather than just go through the technical motions.

Will map this head properly though.... also, I think I'm a heck of a lot more wrinkly than Jason Osipa (years of smoking, and sleeping on my face)... the current bump maps are proper slapdash hand painted jobs based on his examples.... as per his advice, my wrinkles are nothing like his (I've got creasy eyebags, and mouth/cheek 'crags')... hopefully this will improve the strength of expression, AND actually make it look something like me.

Once all this cobblers is out the way, can get cracking on some fun stuff.
('cat' coming together parallel with this)

No comments: