Contact Luke Newell

Luke Newell is an Illustrator, and this is his blog. lukenool.com

Thursday, January 25, 2007

CAT HEAD





Yo.
Haven't posted for a while, thought I'd whup my own ass by posting the cat as is.

Trying to keep the silhouette's strong as close to circles and triangles, as close to the simplest and quickest of the drawings as possible, while giving myself as much scope in the face as possible. Dunno whether the two are gonna converge comfortably, but that's the point I s'pose.

Building it with mouth open, cos frankly, it seems to make more sense, I can see what I'm doing. And the mouth is the most troublesome part for me... it's an animal snout that I want to express like a human mouth, and a cartoony human mouth at that. Could be cruisin towards a big ol' pile o' poop.

No comments: